Subject: bug#51265: 29.0.50; Calc documentation: wrong sign of calculation

From: Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 13:30:52 +0000

Hello, there is a minor typo in info node '(calc) Arithmetic Tutorial',
in texi source, line 2868 of doc/misc/calc.texi

The hyperbolic cosine of -64 should be 3.1175e27 instead of -3.1175e27.
It can be seen on calc with:
C-x * c m r _64 RET H C
which gives 3.11757454041e27

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-musl, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-10-18 built on laptop
Repository revision: f3c5a1b3685debefb9c019f96992b887f6ca69f2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: void

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-cairo --with-modules
 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi cl-print deuglify gnus-async
gnus-cite gnus-cus gnus-demon gnus-diary nndiary gnus-draft gnus-dup
gnus-fun gnus-html url-queue url-cache mm-url gnus-kill gnus-logic
gnus-mh mh-comp mh-scan mh-gnus mh-e mh-compat mh-buffers mh-loaddefs
gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-salt gnus-topic gnus-uu yenc
gnus-vm nnselect gnus-search thingatpt mule-util jka-compr eieio-opt
speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree pp shadow sort
flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug sendmail nndraft nnmh nnmaildir
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
tsdh-dark-theme org-tempo tempo use-package-ensure use-package-core
display-line-numbers repeat cl-extra help-mode org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol rx org-keys oc org-compat
advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs icomplete cl info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq
gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify
lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 292458 24682)
 (symbols 48 24649 5)
 (strings 32 113695 4787)
 (string-bytes 1 4537630)
 (vectors 16 54042)
 (vector-slots 8 623922 22986)
 (floats 8 327 446)
 (intervals 56 679 11)
 (buffers 992 21))

-- 
Fortune:
They are relatively good but absolutely terrible.
		-- Alan Kay, commenting on Apollos