Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] gnu: ragel: Fix build of knot on aarch64-linux.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:44:39 -0500

After corresponding with Ragel's author, here's a patch that applies the
solution implemented upstream[0], backported from Ragel's "ragel-6" branch.
I've tested this on AArch64 and x86-64 and with these changes applied, Knot
builds fine again on both platforms.

On x86-64, I've once again rebuilt the output of "guix refresh
--list-dependent ragel" without issue, aside from ccextractor; on AArch64,
Ragel's immediate dependents[1] all build fine.

[0] https://github.com/adrian-thurston/ragel/commit/2e638fccd81e96ce09841adc4b295b5ce694ea73
[1] gpick, knot, rspamd, ruby-json-pure, ruby-parser and ruby-regexp-parser.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (1):
  gnu: ragel: Fix build of knot on aarch64-linux.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 .../ragel-decide-signedness-of-char.patch     | 42 +++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/ragel.scm                        |  7 +++-
 3 files changed, 49 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ragel-decide-signedness-of-char.patch

-- 
2.33.1