Subject: bug#51236: 27.2/28 small typos/faq correction?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 10:46:47 +0300

> From: Ian Nehera <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 22:03:08 -0700
> 
> Hi, I found a couple small typos in 27.2 that are still present in the source for 28.1.

Thank you for your reports.

> doc/lispref/searching.texi line 2174: missing ’s’ on "describe"
> 	- Because the match data normally describe[s] …
> 
> url-retrieve-synchronously doc-string
> lisp/url/url.el line 229:
> 	- Original: ...or nil if there are no data associated with it (the …
> 		- Change V1: there [is] no data ...
> 		- Change V2: or nil if [the buffer contains] no data […] (the …

"Data" is plural, so I think using plural form here is non incorrect.

> The other thing I found is that the Emacs FAQ.
> 
> doc/misc/efaq.texi line 1905:
> Yanking text in isearch recommends ‘M-y’ for yanking text out of the kill
> ring. This works, but the cross referenced manual page only mentions
> the usual ‘C-y’ method with ‘M-y’ yanking previous kills. Is the manual 
> out of date or should the FAQ be updated?

What would you suggest to update and how?  Both C-y and M-y are
mentioned in the manual, and the manual is always more detailed than
any other documentation.  Could you state the problem you see with the
current text?

Thanks again for your interest in Emacs documentation.