Subject: Re: bug#51234: emacs.pdmp file name (--fingerprint)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:13:53 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>     Lars> Yes, but it should be documented forever -- people will be wondering
>     Lars> later, too.
>
> (info "(elisp) Building Emacs")

Yes, I guess...

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Me, I wonder how will those distros code with the *.eln files, which
> also include hashes that aren't known in advance.  Solving the issue
> with the pdumper file will still leave this other one, with many more
> files.
>
> So perhaps the distros will just have to adapt?

That's a good point.  So perhaps we shouldn't document how to get to a
known-name setup, because that won't work for nativecomp?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no