Subject: Re: 28.0.60; python.el: Native completion strikes again

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 21:59:47 -0300

In any case, here is the patch to toggle that option off.

>From a8caf24c7af05d9d1f92f52632cfe7ccefd3f2dd Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 21:48:43 -0300
Subject: [PATCH] Avoid replacing common prefix with ellipsis

* lisp/progmodes/python.el
(python-shell-completion-native-setup): Configure readline not to
suppress common prefixes.
---
 lisp/progmodes/python.el | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/python.el b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
index 54e3789c66..1da7e18635 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/python.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
@@ -3711,6 +3711,8 @@ python-shell-completion-native-setup
             readline.parse_and_bind('tab: complete')
             # Require just one tab to send output.
             readline.parse_and_bind('set show-all-if-ambiguous on')
+            # Avoid replacing common prefix with ellipsis.
+            readline.parse_and_bind('set completion-prefix-display-length 0')
 
         print ('python.el: native completion setup loaded')
     except:
-- 
2.33.0