Subject: Re: bug#51215: Add a navigation feature to vc and diff mode: diff-goto-line

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:56:31 +0300

Hi Uwe,

On 14.10.2021 23:42, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> I became very interested in that feature and was not able to install
> Davis's second patch (most likely to many changes in the last 5 years)
> 
> His first patch, however, I could still apply and I tested it (using
> mercurial) almost for a year and it worked flawlessly for me.
> 
> That is why I strongly recommend to apply the patch, then
> 
>      1. Either errors are found and these will be corrected or the patch removed
>      2. Or even better the feature will enhanced
> 
> But I think to reject the patch, again, would not be a bit of a shame.

The most recent discussion regarding it can be found in bug#36526.

To sum up: the patch(es) have merit, and they're waiting for someone to 
champion their inclusion: test them for bugs, compare the different 
available implementations of the "skip to" functionality, and generally 
examine how the new functionality affects the existing workflows (e.g. 
whether it should be enabled on root diffs).