Subject: bug#5118: DocView: copy/search text

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 02:03:19 +0200

Package: emacs,doc-view
Severity: wishlist

Please add two features that would be easy to implement:

1. Copying the text of the current page to the kill ring.

PDF viewers allow selecting a rectangular area to copy it to the
clipboard.  If this is not possible in DocView, then at least copying
the text of the whole page would be a satisfactory compensation.
Info and Dired bind similar commands to `w'.

2. Search currently is useless in DocView since it doesn't highlight
the current match.

What would be more useful is to implement Occur-like UI.  For instance,
typing `doc-view-occur' would display an *Occur* buffer like:

Page  1:   text text match text text
Page  1:   text text text match text
Page  1:   text text text text match
Page  2:   text match text text text
Page 42:   match text text text text

that allows to navigate to the corresponding page.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/