Subject: bug#51176: eww switch buffer by title

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:35:25 +0200

Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please find attached the patch which implements a renaming scheme for
> EWW buffers.  I include Abhiseck, the co-author of this patch, in Cc.
>
> What do you think?
>
> We had entertained the notion of a single defcustom with more options,
> but ultimately decided against it on the grounds that it was more
> complex.

Yeah, looks good to me, but:

[email-masked] writes:

> With your patch, the buffer isn't renamed if the user presses "l" or "r"
> to go backward and forward in history. I suggest calling your rename
> function from 'eww-update-header-line-format' instead.

Yes, it has to be performed upon all updates.  But putting it in that
function would be misleading, so what about creating a new function
`eww--after-page-change' that would call 'eww-update-header-line-format'
and

            (when eww-auto-rename-buffer-flag
              (funcall eww-auto-rename-buffer-function))

and call that where 'eww-update-header-line-format' is called now.

And we don't really call user options -flag, so rename it to just
`eww-auto-rename-buffer'. 

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no