Subject: bug#51176: eww switch buffer by title

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:54:44 +0200

Yuchen Pei <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I'm not sure that's generally useful enough to include -- do people
>> use
>> `C-u M-x eww' a lot?
>
> I don't know.  I assume people who use a graphical browser generally
> have more tabs open than I do (I have an addon in my firefox limiting
> the number of tabs to 15 by killing LRU tabs), but I don't know how
> many eww users use eww as their main browser and how many have
> migrated from graphical browsers to eww.

I think in that case, perhaps it would make more sense to just rename
the eww buffer to have the title in the buffer name?  Then the normal
buffer switching commands would work automatically.

So the change would be to offer an option that renames the buffer at the
end of...  `eww-display-html', perhaps?  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no