Subject: bug#51137: 29.0.50; Make documentation more readable in mobile devices

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:38:42 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> (It's true that this mostly just applies gnu.org style, but you could
>> always stop doing so.)
>
> But it seems better that the GNU stylesheet is updated, so that this is
> fixed for everyone and not just for Emacs.

Yes.  The problem seems to be here in style.css:

/* For navigation links */
.node a, .header a {display: inline-block;line-height: 2em;}

Having the <a> in the header be inline-block apparently makes
Chrome-based mobile browsers display the links very weirdly.

To test on a Chromium browser, go to this page:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Basic-Minibuffer.html

And then use Developer Tools to switch to mobile view, and you should
see the problems:

Could someone who controls the style.css file fix this,
[email-masked]?

If not, we can override this in the Emacs style sheets, but it seems
like it's a style.css problem.  (On the other hand, perhaps not -- CSS
problems aren't always trivial to debug.)