Subject: bug#51136: 29.0.50; Conflicting bindings for "P" in Gnus *Group* buffer

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:01:12 -0400

Since recently, hitting "P" (for `gnus-group-prev-group') in the
*Group* buffer does not work like it used to anymore, as it seems to
collide with the prefix for `gnus-group-sort-selected-map' for
`gnus-group-sort-selected-groups'* commands.  The prefix map itself
doesn't seem new, so perhaps the recent changes in `gnus-group.el'
have exposed the issue.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.15.10, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-10-11 built on langa
Repository revision: c9a8805ea4cc8748fd21e6dd9ed9cc6fdf3f0871
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Etiona (9.0)

Configured using:
 'configure --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-gpm
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-xaw3d --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-fun nndoc gnus-dup url-cache debbugs-gnu add-log
debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw warnings rng-xsd rng-dt
rng-util xsd-regexp thingatpt bug-reference eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree char-fold misearch multi-isearch
rfc2104 gnutls mailalias smtpmail sendmail orgalist org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol rx org-keys oc
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs flyspell ispell sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 epa-file network-stream nsm
nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired-x dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr em-unix em-term term
disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-cmpl em-dirs esh-var em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util battery dbus boxquote rect cl-extra yasnippet help-mode server
hl-todo delight pixel-scroll tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec recentf
tree-widget wid-edit time xml finder-inf info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv bandali-po saveplace
savehist bandali-erc bandali-message pcase bandali-gnus bandali-dired
bandali-ibuffer ibuf-macs bandali-eshell bandali-org edmacro kmacro
advice winner ring autorevert filenotify cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 524100 100489)
 (symbols 48 28468 5)
 (strings 32 134506 31747)
 (string-bytes 1 4140744)
 (vectors 16 53557)
 (vector-slots 8 678937 40699)
 (floats 8 2740 1010)
 (intervals 56 14084 843)
 (buffers 992 30))

-- 
https://bndl.org