Subject: bug#51131: 29.0.50; Segfault in ERT test

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:56:48 +0200

Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't think that's the right fix. I added backtrace support in batch
> mode primarily for unit tests running on CI systems; this is exactly
> the situation where I want backtrace-on-error-noninteractive to be t.
> Can we revert commit 07edc28bdbfeeaeb1008b4fe21bfda586feae562 and find
> a better way?

ert wants to collect the backtrace, but the test itself subverted that
(by setting debug-on-error to nil and then having an error in the test).

I don't see why Emacs should output a backtrace inside a test like that.

But Emacs will still output

Error running tests
  backtrace()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x1fecd686855e18f0>)()
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("-l" "/tmp/test.el" "-f" "ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

at the end.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no