Subject: bug#51131: 29.0.50; Segfault in ERT test

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:39:41 +0200

Am Mo., 11. Okt. 2021 um 11:16 Uhr schrieb Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>:
>
> Helmut Eller <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Emacs receives a segmentation fault when executing this file:
> >
> >   (ert-deftest segfault ()
> >     (let ((debug-on-error nil))
> >       (error "foo")))
> >
> > with
> >
> >   emacs -Q -batch -l /tmp/test.el -f ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit
>
> This should now be fixed in emacs-28 (and on the trunk once the fix is
> merged).

I don't think that's the right fix. I added backtrace support in batch
mode primarily for unit tests running on CI systems; this is exactly
the situation where I want backtrace-on-error-noninteractive to be t.
Can we revert commit 07edc28bdbfeeaeb1008b4fe21bfda586feae562 and find
a better way?