Subject: [bug#51122] [PATCH v2] maint: Factorize po xref translation.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 20:45:02 +0200

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 04:12:15AM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> I managed to change the dependency to only guix/po.go, and to make it
> not phony, so the translated manuals don't get rebuilt on every make
> invocation anymore. I checked again that "make" from a clean checkout
> and "make as-derivation" still work.

Good, thank you!  I had thought it would be more complicated than
moving out the PHONY directive, but all works OK:

Without patch, the fuzzy references cause make to fail for Weblate’s
version of the Spanish manual.  With patch, make runs through fine as
you write.  GUIX_ALLOW_ME_TO_USE_PRIVATE_COMMIT=yes make
update-guix-package && git commit and guix pull and still works, guix
build guix failed in check but for unrelated reasons, so the patch
LGTM.  Except:

As we discussed before, you only remove code from guix/self.scm, so
you should not add a copyright line.

Regards,
Florian