Subject: Re: [bug#51122] [PATCH v2] maint: Factorize po xref translation.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 19:17:28 +0200

Thanks Julien!

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 02:46:26PM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> Thanks for the quick review! I've updated the commit message and
> updated the copyright headers in guix/build/po.scm and guix/self.scm.

In guix/self.scm you only removed code.  I don’t think a copyright
header is needed there.

> I had to make the texi files depend on make-go because otherwise, I get
> messages like "guix/build/po.scm is newer than compiled
> .../guix/build/po.go" and it takes forever to build that file, once for
> each texi. For some reason, it's almost instantaneous when building in
> make-go.

make-core-go instead of make-go is enough in my testing, but something
more fine-grained would save time.  Also POXREF is run twice for each
guix.??.texi file.  Maybe I did something wrong, maybe it is your
patch.  Not sure.  Testing takes long anyway.

Regards,
Florian