Subject: [bug#51113] bug#51424: snooze: malformed installation path

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 00:13:47 +0200

Christopher, jgart, Nicolas,

Christopher Howard 写道：
> the path to the binary is malformed:

Indeed it was.

DESTDIR does not mean ‘final destination’; it's meant as a 
temporary install-time ‘staging’ directory whose contents are 
expected to move back to / later.  For example, ‘make install 
DESTDIR=/tmp/my-package-manager-output && cd 
/tmp/my-package-manager-output && tar cf foo.pkg .’.  Guix does 
not use this packaging method.

Setting DESTDIR in Guix is almost always a bug.  The few places in 
Guix where it is used are using it as a hack around buggy build 
systems.  It just happens to work (because, well, the build 
system's buggy).

When reviewing patches, I find the ‘tree’ command very useful to 
immediately spot such weirdness.  Much more so than ‘ls -R’. 
YMMV.

Fixed in commit 89d8417b371f3918f0508bbc561675ec100a6add.

Thanks!

T G-R