Subject: Re: bug#511: package for potential inclusion in emacs

From: John Heidemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:29:49 -0700

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:55:01 EDT, Stefan Monnier wrote: 
>>> Do you have a Git/Bazaar/younameit repository where you keep notes-mode?
>> I have an internal git repository.
>> In principle I can make a public one, but I assume what goes in emacs
>> would get scooped up in its version control system, so does it make
>> sense to just go to that?
>
>Yes, the idea is to move the code to the `elpa' branch in the Emacs
>repository and then you can work on it from there.
>
>I asked about your repository in case you want to preserve that history
>(which can be done, using the bzr-git plugin together with "bzr join").
>Doing it can be a bit tricky ("bzr join" is not the most polished part
>of Bazaar), so if you want I can take care of the initial import (for
>which I'd need access to (a copy of) your Git repository).
>
>
>        Stefan

I'm ok if you just import the current version.
I'm sure the 15 years of my edits are fascinating, but not to whom :-)

   -John