Subject: bug#511: package for potential inclusion in emacs

From: John Heidemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:29:21 -0700

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:10:23 EDT, Stefan Monnier wrote: 
>>>>>> Neither of these means that we can't ultimately include notes-mode, but
>>>>>> I'd prefer to take some time evaluating it and discussing it on
>>>>>> emacs-devel first.  I'm really sorry you've been waiting since 2006 (!),
>>>> Than let's do that now.
>>> And then nothing happened, I think?
>>> Now is probably a good time to make a decision here, what with the new
>>> development window opening...
>> Thanks for bringing this up again, Stefan.
>
>Actually it was Lars.
>
>How time passes!  Well, in the mean time, we have added package support
>to Emacs (new in the upcoming Emacs-24.1), and I think notes-mode could
>hence go to GNU ELPA, and yes, now would be a good time for that.
>
>Do you have a Git/Bazaar/younameit repository where you keep notes-mode?
>
>
>        Stefan

I have an internal git repository.

In principle I can make a public one, but I assume what goes in emacs
would get scooped up in its version control system, so does it make
sense to just go to that?

   -John