Subject: bug#511: package for potential inclusion in emacs

From: John Heidemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:43:10 -0700

This note is a follow-up to a 2006 post I made suggesting notes-mode for
inclusion in emacs.  At the time (2006) I was told that emacs-22's
release was pending and it was in feature freeze.

emacs-22 has been out for a while now, so I thought it was worth trying
again.  I just did a new release (1.26) today, the first since
Jan. 2006, so it's been very stable, and all collected to date are
rolled in.

Are the emacs maintainers now interested in picking up this package?

   -John Heidemann

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:37:37 PST, John Heidemann wrote: 
>
>Notes-mode is a note taking package in emacs.
>It includes documentation and has been in use for over 10 years
>by me and is currently used by (at least) dozens of people.
>See <http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/SOFTWARE/NOTES_MODE/index.html>
>for details.
>
>In 2000 I had discussions with bug-gnu-emacs about adding this package
>to emacs.  Impressions were good, except we got stuck on a particular
>technical point (about how perl is configured).  This technical point
>has now been resolved in the most recent release.
>
>Are the emacs maintainers still interested in picking up this package?
>
>   -John Heidemann
>