Subject: bug#511: package for potential inclusion in emacs

From: John Heidemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:06:50 -0700

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:40:33 EDT, Chong Yidong wrote: 
>> This note is a follow-up to a 2006 post I made suggesting notes-mode
>> for inclusion in emacs.  At the time (2006) I was told that emacs-22's
>> release was pending and it was in feature freeze.
>>
>> emacs-22 has been out for a while now, so I thought it was worth
>> trying again.  I just did a new release (1.26) today, the first since
>> Jan. 2006, so it's been very stable, and all collected to date are
>> rolled in.
>>
>> Are the emacs maintainers now interested in picking up this package?
>
>I understand that you already have a copyright assignment, correct?  How
>about the other contributors to this package, if any?

I have done a copyright assignment before, although I don't remember if
it was general or for a specific thing (you might search for
mouse-extras.el) or mouse-drag.el.  If you're concerned, I should
probably re-do one for the notes-mode package.

All external contributions were off the one-line, no-copyright-needed
variety.

   -John