Subject: Re: bug#51073: 28.0.60; SIGSYS in emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:14:01 +0200

Basil L. Contovounesios [2021-10-11 21:39 +0100] wrote:

> close 51073 28.1
> quit
>
> Philipp Stephani [2021-10-09 19:43 +0200] wrote:
>
>> I've pushed a new rule to emacs-28 (commit b497add971). At least for
>> me that fixes the test. Does it work for you as well?
>
> Yes, works fine here.  Thanks!

After a several month hiatus from Emacs development, I'm now getting two
SIGSYS failures in 'make test/emacs-tests' again on both emacs-28 and
master (ERT backtraces and configuration info follow my signature).

This time, 'sudo journalctl -g SECCOMP' mentions the following:

  Jan 21 15:47:02 tia audit[138481]: SECCOMP auid=1000 uid=1000 gid=1000
    ses=2 subj==unconfined pid=138481 comm="emacs"
    exe="/home/blc/.local/src/emacs-nox/src/emacs" sig=31 arch=c000003e
    syscall=17 compat=0 ip=0x7fd745f3714a code=0x80000000

  Jan 21 15:47:03 tia audit[138493]: SECCOMP auid=1000 uid=1000 gid=1000
    ses=2 subj==unconfined pid=138493 comm="emacs"
    exe="/home/blc/.local/src/emacs-nox/src/emacs" sig=31 arch=c000003e
    syscall=439 compat=0 ip=0x7f46e8c30fc0 code=0x80000000

where AFAICT syscalls 17 and 439 correspond to pread64 and faccessat2,
respectively.  This is again confirmed by the ausearch ert-info when I
run 'sudo make test/emacs-tests':

  Potentially relevant Seccomp audit events:
  ----
  type=SECCOMP msg=audit(01/21/22 16:07:33.250:1144) : auid=blc
    uid=root gid=root ses=2 subj==unconfined pid=139780 comm=emacs
    exe=/home/blc/.local/src/emacs-nox/src/emacs sig=SIGSYS
    arch=x86_64 syscall=pread compat=0 ip=0x7fe7ba15c14a code=kill

  Potentially relevant Seccomp audit events:
  ----
  type=SECCOMP msg=audit(01/21/22 16:07:33.250:1144) : auid=blc
    uid=root gid=root ses=2 subj==unconfined pid=139780 comm=emacs
    exe=/home/blc/.local/src/emacs-nox/src/emacs sig=SIGSYS
    arch=x86_64 syscall=pread compat=0 ip=0x7fe7ba15c14a code=kill
  ----
  type=SECCOMP msg=audit(01/21/22 16:07:33.646:1154) : auid=blc
    uid=root gid=root ses=2 subj==unconfined pid=139795 comm=emacs
    exe=/home/blc/.local/src/emacs-nox/src/emacs sig=SIGSYS
    arch=x86_64 syscall=faccessat2 compat=0 ip=0x7f610b2dffc0
    code=kill

In contrast to the OP, I am now on Linux 5.15.0-2 and glibc 2.33-2.

HTH.  As always, let me know if you'd like me to test anything.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 28.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-01-21 built on tia
Repository revision: f08dfa9b532648457590262c1afa9729e87c6bb1
Repository branch: wt/emacs-28
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -ggdb3' --prefix=/home/blc/.local
 --program-suffix=-28 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 --enable-check-lisp-type --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-file-notification=yes --with-x'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 56674 5913)
 (symbols 48 6741 1)
 (strings 32 18046 1546)
 (string-bytes 1 594941)
 (vectors 16 10595)
 (vector-slots 8 126617 9439)
 (floats 8 24 35)
 (intervals 56 207 0)
 (buffers 992 10))

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2022-01-21 built on tia
Repository revision: 1ca6928c843fcbbaa35a7a947f905ca287c5c2fb
Repository branch: wt/master-nox
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native' --config-cache
 --prefix=/home/blc/.local --program-suffix=-nox
 --enable-checking=structs --with-file-notification=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-x'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GMP GNUTLS GPM JSON LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv regexp-opt iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 47735 5984)
 (symbols 48 5667 1)
 (strings 32 15405 1831)
 (string-bytes 1 496340)
 (vectors 16 8526)
 (vector-slots 8 101602 6503)
 (floats 8 23 24)
 (intervals 56 195 13)
 (buffers 992 10))