Subject: [bug#51061] [PATCH v2 03/23] guix: Add rebar3 build-system.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 23:47:26 +0200

Hartmut Goebel schreef op wo 06-10-2021 om 23:36 [+0200]:
> Am 06.10.21 um 23:25 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> > > Not sure what you want to tell me. Anything you recommend me to change?
> > I recommend moving ,@(standard-packages) from host-inputs to build-inputs.
> 
> Okay, I'll  change this.
> 
> Anyhow, I'm curious: Other modules (e.g. guix/build-system/python.scm) 
> have ",@(standard-packages)" in host-inputs.

These build systems are most likely buggy, and these build systems
have a ‘(not target) ; XXX: no cross-compilation’ comment, so I wouldn't
recommend looking at them to determine how to split packages between
host-inputs (= inputs & propagated-inputs but for bags) and build-inputs
(= native-inputs but for bags).  Instead, I recommend looking at
'gnu-build-system'.

Greetings,
Maxime.