Subject: bug#51060: 29.0.50; compile error

From: John Eismeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 10:08:58 -0400

Is this expected ?

/usr/bin/ld: comp.o: in function `comp_hash_source_file':
/home/jpeismeier/Public/emacs/src/comp.c:725: undefined reference to `md5_stream'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:647: temacs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jpeismeier/Public/emacs/src'
make: *** [Makefile:449: src] Error 2
jpeismeier@u20:~/Public/emacs$ git pull
Already up to date.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-10-05 built on u20
Repository revision: 4103123806311aa42f8ee22082015c0a7c3e30dd
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/jpeismeier/tools --with-native-compilation
 --with-mailutils --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: notmuch-hello

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  dimmer-mode: t
  default-text-scale-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  flycheck-color-mode-line-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  mode-line-bell-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-global-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-local-mode: t
  hes-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diredfl-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jpeismeier/.emacs.d/elpa-29.0/magit-20211004.1956/magit-section-pkg hides /home/jpeismeier/.emacs.d/elpa-29.0/magit-section-20211004.1955/magit-section-pkg
/home/jpeismeier/.emacs.d/elpa-29.0/transient-20210920.1038/transient hides /home/jpeismeier/tools/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug time qp mail-extr shr-color cus-start
auto-package-update use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core
notmuch notmuch-tree notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show
notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag notmuch-lib notmuch-version notmuch-compat
hl-line mm-view mml-smime smime dig locate mule-util term/xterm xterm
xt-mouse sanityinc-tomorrow-bright-theme dimmer default-text-scale anzu
flycheck-color-mode-line consult-vertico orderless vertico marginalia
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-files company-clang company-capf
company-cmake company-semantic company-bbdb company-php
company-quickhelp winner windswap savehist session elec-pair so-long
mode-line-bell beacon page-break-lines whole-line-or-region
highlight-escape-sequences which-key tabify whitespace-cleanup-mode
org-cliplink-transport em-glob org-cliplink-string init-php ac-php-core
popup xcscope pkg-info php-mode mode-local speedbar ezimage dframe
cc-langs php-face php php-project init-javascript css-mode eww xdg
url-queue shr kinsoku svg mm-url gnus nnheader skewer-mode cache-table
simple-httpd js2-imenu-extras typescript-mode js2-mode json-reformat
json-snatcher js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs init-erlang erlang-start align xmltok
init-csv csv-mode sort init-markdown init-textile init-crontab sh-script
smie executable init-compile log4e notifications dbus gntp
init-projectile projectile init-github deferred a forge-list
forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea
gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github forge-notify forge-revnote
forge-pullreq forge-issue forge-topic yaml parse-time iso8601 forge-post
markdown-mode forge-repo forge forge-core forge-db closql buck
emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub
gh-gist gh-users gh-pulls gh-issues gh-repos gh-comments gh-oauth gh-api
logito gh-cache pcache gh-auth gh-common marshal gh-url eieio-compat
gh-profile vc-mtn vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-darcs
eieio-base inline bug-reference init-git pcre2el rxt hl-todo smtpmail
sendmail dired-aux async re-builder git-rebase magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode magit-git
magit-section magit-utils which-func ido crm with-editor log-edit
add-log benchmark term disp-table ehelp shell conf-mode init-darcs xml
init-vc f s init-whitespace whitespace init-editing-utils
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core rect display-line-numbers
display-fill-column-indicator rainbow-delimiters symbol-overlay delsel
ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vlf vlf-base vlf-tune init-mmm mmm-mode mmm-univ sgml-mode
facemenu dom mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat
init-sessions desktop frameset init-windows windmove
switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart quail init-company pos-tip
diminish tempo make-mode ispell files-x etags fileloop generator
company-dabbrev company-template company init-hippie-expand
init-minibuffer embark-consult embark server skeleton find-dired xref
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs imenu consult-icomplete icomplete flymake-proc
flymake project consult recentf tree-widget bookmark ffap init-recentf
init-flycheck ert debug backtrace flycheck dash jka-compr let-alist epl
init-ibuffer init-uniquify init-grep rg rg-info-hack rg-menu transient
rg-ibuffer cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit ibuf-macs rg-result wgrep-rg
wgrep rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs format-spec
info grep init-isearch init-dired diff-hl-show-hunk diff-hl-inline-popup
diff-hl-dired diff advice diff-hl vc-hg vc-git log-view pcvs-util vc-dir
ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode dired-x diredfl init-gui-frames edmacro
kmacro init-osx-keys init-themes pcase face-remap
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow color color-theme-sanityinc-solarized
init-xterm init-frame-hooks easy-mmode sql view thingatpt cl
init-exec-path exec-path-from-shell eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util init-elpa
gnu-elpa-keyring-update tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode fullframe compile
comint ansi-color ring find-func autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt mm-archive
message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-http
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw
nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth epg rfc6068 epg-config finder-inf
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache
json map url-vars init-site-lisp init-utils init-benchmarking derived
time-date comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode
seq gv subr-x byte-opt cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv
early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1214165 605084)
 (symbols 48 70275 176)
 (strings 32 315881 274328)
 (string-bytes 1 11569238)
 (vectors 16 191993)
 (vector-slots 8 4319218 622042)
 (floats 8 1450 10309)
 (intervals 56 8598 8853)
 (buffers 992 72))

-- 
                                 John