Subject: Re: bug#51039: [PATCH] gnu: python-gitpython: Update to 3.1.20.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 15:49:43 +0530

Hi jgart,

Thanks for the updated patch! I have pushed this patch to master with
the following changes.

> * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (python-gitpython): Update to 3.1.24.
>
> [propagated-inputs]: Add python-typing-extensions.

I removed the blank line above before [propagated-inputs], added a
copyright header for you, removed the #t return from the custom
embed-git-reference phase, and mentioned the removal in the commit
message.

>      (arguments
>       `(#:tests? #f ;XXX: Tests can only be run within the GitPython
>       repository.

If you have the time and are interested, you could also try getting the
tests working for this package, and send a patch with me on Cc. I'll be
happy to review it. Judging from the comment, it seems like switching
from PyPI to the GitHub source might be the solution.

Thanks!
Arun