Subject: Re: bug#51037: [PATCH] Make `print-level` & `print-length` customizable in ERT batch tests

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 21:46:14 +0300

On 19/11/2021 07:24 -0800, Michael wrote:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> The docstring for backtrace-line-length says: "If set to nil or
>>> zero,
>>> backtrace mode will not abbreviate the forms it prints."  So the
>>> above
>>> sentence, which I removed, was indeed not true?  (a quick look over
>>> its usages confirmed that to me, but I'd like someone else to
>>> check)
>>
>> I think the intention is that a nil value of backtrace-line-length
>> shouldn't limit the lengths -- but I haven't tested it.  Doesn't it
>> work?
>
> Yes, I'm a bit lost, Filipp... what is your concern? And I
> thought I *had* tested that.

That the docstring contained a sentence which is not true.  A minor
issue, of course.  I give examples here:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51037#117

(there was also fix of interactive spec of `ert-run-tests-interactively',
but that's obvious I think)

Filipp