Subject: bug#51035: Failure: guix pull

From: Dale Mellor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 11:48:15 +0100

# guix pull
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and
defining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to b54bf07 (136
new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   b54bf07
substitute: updating substitutes from
'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 compute-guix-derivation  1005B                                 
5KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... /Backtrace:
          13 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/dxfmlkrv92073p3vb2hf9bwczcnk0ss2-compute-guix-
derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 12 (_ _)
    159:9 11 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory
(guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2  9 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2113:24  8 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99
7f549e8d0280> _ #:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
   1950:8  7 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   275:18  6 (_ _)
   1156:2  5 (_ _)
   1022:2  4 (_ _)
    868:4  3 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  1998:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f549e8d0280>)
   1396:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
7f549e8d0280> #<procedure 7f549d33e2a0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1411:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f549e8d0280> _ _)

./guix/store.scm:1411:15: ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "`/gnu/store/l4jsra80f5whvkmy6f7nr5ldkzgiwcwl-
guix-command substitute' died unexpectedly"
      status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/dxfmlkrv92073p3vb2hf9bwczcnk0ss2-compute-guix-
derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"b54bf075c577b9f78041362035383dbbfb456617"; system: "x86_64-
linux";
host version: "20bc9ecc204a610a0d5fa8b88c74421f57dbaf3b"; pull-
version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.