Subject: bug#51032: 29.0.50; Choices for blink-matching-paren

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 22:05:40 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 14:57:09 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >>     +In addition, if the opening paren is not visible on screen, show
> >>     +its position in the echo area.
> >
> > But that's incorrect, because it doesn't happen when the value is
> > 'jump' or 'jump-offscreen'.  The "in addition" part makes it sound
> > like it happens with any non-nil value.
> 
> The exception you mention is listed immediately below, so I don't see
> how it could be considered incorrect.

Where is it mentioned?

> > How many possible values can this variable have, and how many are
> > listed in the menu of choices that will be presented to the user?
> 
> I don't follow.  Do you want to change non-nil to t in the docstring?

I'm not talking about the doc string here, I'm talking about the
values in the value menu that the defcustom will show the user when
the user customizes this variable.