Subject: Re: bug#50993: 29.0.50; Problems when dragging the mouse over the toolbar

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 19:27:17 +0200

Possibly resending - the last attempt to send this apparently failed.

 > Dragging tabs is already supported, I think?  Did you check that it
 > still works after that change?

I don't see no tab dragging implemented anywhere.  Maybe Juri can tell
us more.  Are you sure you don't mean scrolling the tab-bar?

 > Anyway, we should have a big FIXME comment near that code to document
 > what you say above.

We can do that.  But before implementing something like tab dragging,
someone will have to find out how to handle tab-bar prefixes with the
keymap based 'mouse-drag-track'.  I bet that the first person to
implement mouse-dragging on the tab-bar will use 'track-mouse' and an
event based approach, side-stepping the current issue.  So IMHO the
thing that really needs a FIXME is 'mouse-drag-track'.

 > And I'm not sure I understand: that single change with the
 > mouse-tracking condition is the only one needed to fix this bug's
 > original report?  Including when there's no tool bar and no tab bar,
 > only one of them, or both of them?

It hopefully fixes all sorts of mouse dragging which are currently
broken including 'mouse-drag-and-drop-region'.  Testing all of them with
all builds and issues is beyond the scope of what I reasonably can do.
But I did test quite a few.

martin