Subject: bug#50989: 28.0.60; nobreak-char-display in Eldoc buffers

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 12:12:23 +0100

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 12:07 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> IMNSHO, this doesn't make much sense.  That face exists for a reason:
> to signal to the users that some innocently-looking characters aren't
> what they look like.

Eldoc's display facilities are only for displaying.  Sure, you may want
to copy text away from there, but I'd say that's rare.  So it wouldn't
be a problem
in practice, unless I'm missing something

> Why does the server return these NBSP characters?  Would it make sense
> to automatically convert them to spaces on input?

That's also sweeping it under the rug.  But I don't object either.  Augusto, if
you agree, match a patch to Eglot (this is where I presume the "input"
Eli refers
to lives).  Of course the real input is the server, but I'd rather not
go there, since
there are so many and all are out of our control.

João