Subject: digital-ocean-environment-type fails

From: Franz Geffke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:08:43 +0100

I just ran into the same issue on a droplet in a different region.

The only detail that stands out is that 'private_networking' as seen
here [1] has been depreciated on the DO API [2]. I doubt that is the
reason this is failing though.

> This parameter has been deprecated. Use vpc_uuid instead to specify a
> VPC network for the Droplet. If no vpc_uuid is provided, the Droplet
> will be placed in your account's default VPC for the region.

[1]
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/machine/digital-ocean.scm#n339
[2]
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/machine/digital-ocean.scm#n339

Here's the related config:

(list (machine
(operating-system %system)
(environment digital-ocean-environment-type)
(configuration (digital-ocean-configuration
  (region "fra1")
  (size "s-1vcpu-1gp")
  (ssh-key "/home/franz/.ssh/do_staging")
  (tags (list "pantherx" "staging"))
  (enable-ipv6? #f)))))