Subject: Re: bug#50962: ibycus4 encoding

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 16:06:49 +0900

Hi William,

>>>>> William Furley <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi, I don't know whether you can help me. I use AUCTEX
> (12.2-1) with Emacs 27.1 (running on Debian Bullseye
> (stable)) and a problem with the greek-ibycus4 encoding has
> appeared after the update to Bullseye: I can no longer type
> an underdot under Greek letters (and as a papyrologist I
> must, often) using the key combination shift-
> hyphen/underline: instead of a dot I only get an underline.

It seems to me that AUCTeX is not related to symptom you described. I'd
like you to check whether the symptom occurs outside of AUCTeX or not.

- If it occurs in application other than emacs, then I guess that it
  would be an issue of keyboard type recoginition of you desktop
  environment (such as KDE or GNOME).
- If it doesn't but does in emacs buffers other than AUCTeX, then I
  guess it would be an issue in emacs input method[1] which you are
  currently using.
- If it occurs only in AUCTeX buffers, then please report back with more
  detailed information.  The output of M-x TeX-submit-bug-report might
  be helpful in that case.

> I depend on these tools and hope you can help or point me in
> the right direction.

I hope the above instruction would help.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Input-Methods.html