Subject: [PATCH v3 00/10] Adding 'guix shell': last call!

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 21:52:09 +0200

Hi!

This is v3 of the ‘guix shell’ patch set.  Changes since v2:

  • Merged as a single commit the one that adds support for implicit
    ‘guix.scm’/‘manifest.scm’ and then one that adds authorization
    checks;

  • Fixed ‘package-development-inputs’ bug/typo reported by zimoun;

  • Fixed doc typos reported by Florian.

If there are no objections, I’ll go ahead with this patch series
in a few days.  I’ll also add a news entry, and I guess a blog post
introducing it would be welcome.

WDYT?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (10):
  packages: Add 'package-development-inputs'.
  profiles: Add 'package->development-manifest'.
  Add 'guix shell'.
  shell: By default load the local 'guix.scm' or 'manifest.scm' file.
  environment: Add tests for '--profile'.
  environment: Skip derivation computation when '--profile' is used.
  environment: Do not connect to the daemon when '--profile' is used.
  environment: Autoload some modules.
  cache: Gracefully handle non-existent cache.
  shell: Maintain a profile cache.

 Makefile.am                         |   2 +
 doc/contributing.texi               |   8 +-
 doc/guix.texi                       | 443 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 guix/cache.scm                      |  10 +-
 guix/packages.scm                   |  10 +
 guix/profiles.scm                   |  19 ++
 guix/scripts/environment.scm        | 260 ++++++++--------
 guix/scripts/shell.scm              | 355 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 po/guix/POTFILES.in                 |   1 +
 tests/guix-environment-container.sh |   8 +
 tests/guix-environment.sh           |   7 +
 tests/guix-shell.sh                 | 100 +++++++
 tests/packages.scm                  |  14 +
 tests/profiles.scm                  |   7 +
 14 files changed, 1098 insertions(+), 146 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 guix/scripts/shell.scm
 create mode 100644 tests/guix-shell.sh

base-commit: 9cda21cf20a5c9bdf97e3a6d6c8f901fc3e4307d
-- 
2.33.0