Subject: bug#50959: 28.0.50; Shorthand symbols are unknown to Emacs

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 20:14:56 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > Again, Shorthands are buffer-local textual indirections to symbols.  They
  > > are not the symbol.  This will never change (not with Shorthands): so including
  > > shorthands in a list of symbols is misguided.  Displaying them in
  > > lists of fragments of
  > > text to be completed in the buffer is not.

  > I think this is unnecessarily radical POV, and one that will cause
  > complaints.

It seems valid to me _in principle_, but can you think of specific
cases that might cause complaints?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)