Subject: bug#50958: 27.2; Very blurry svg rendering on Retina screen

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 10:31:17 +0100

On Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 10:56:44AM +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > But other related issues remain:
> >
> > * doc-view still renders low-resolution svg.
> > * doc-view still renders low-resolution pdf (which is not the topic of
> > this issue but may be relevant).
> 
> Perhaps Alan has some comments here -- he did the work to get HiDPI
> rendering to work for SVGs, so I've added him to the CCs.

I think docview uses external applications to render the files to png
and it has its own setting for DPI (doc-view-resolution), which on a
hi-dpi screen is a bit low.

IIRC docview is a bit strange because you don't set the dpi to the
screen's dpi, the actual value you want to use depends on various
factors, like how large your window is and whether you zoom in on the
image or not.
-- 
Alan Third