Subject: bug#5094: closed (Re: bug#5094: url-copy-file: Reading [text/plain] ... 16 bytes of 5 bytes (320%))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#5094: url-copy-file: Reading [text/plain] ... 16 bytes of 5 bytes (320%)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5094: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5094
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5094: url-copy-file: Reading [text/plain] ... 16 bytes of 5 bytes (320%)
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:22:30 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Someone needs to teach url-copy-file about percentage. Or perhaps
> something else.

16/5 is 320%. Maybe the initial estimate of how much data there was to
retrieve was inaccurate. I think I've seen this kind of thing several
times with various web browsers. If you have a specific example of a URL
that shows the problem, then please reopen or reply to this report.
Otherwise I don't think there is anything to be done.

Subject: url-copy-file: Reading [text/plain] ... 16 bytes of 5 bytes (320%)
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:28:16 +0100

Someone needs to teach url-copy-file about percentage. Or perhaps
something else.

At least CVS Emacs from 2009-11-05 needs this.