Subject: bug#50931: closed (Re: bug#50931: 28.0.50; Tramp test suites fails when remote is MacOS)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50931: 28.0.50; Tramp test suites fails when remote is MacOS

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50931: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50931
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50931: 28.0.50; Tramp test suites fails when remote is MacOS
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 19:41:49 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] writes:

> Hello,

Hi Damien,

> Unfortunately, I don't have access to a MacOS machine anymore, so I'm
> unable to run the test suite.

Hmm. So we cannot do anything with this ATM. I'm closing the bug, feel
free to reopen if you happen to test on macOS, and the problem persists.

> Best regards,
> Damien

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; Tramp test suites fails when remote is MacOS
From: Damien Merenne <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 10:23:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running the tramp test suite using a MacOS remote host, some test
fails, according to the tramp maintainer, it seems related to the native
compilation feature.

Running

$ env REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY='/ssh:laptop.lan:/tmp' make -C test
tramp-tests

Here are the traces of the failing tests whichall fails in
`comp--native-compile`

Test tramp-test10-write-region-file-precious-flag backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg7094 arg7095 arg7096 &optional arg7
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg7094 arg7095 arg7096 &optional arg7
  comp-trampoline-compile(write-region)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(write-region)
  advice--add-function(:before (#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x3
  advice-add(write-region :before (closure ((written-files) (tmp-name
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (find-file-noselect tmp-name)) (ins
  (unwind-protect (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (find-file-noselect
  (let* ((tmp-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name)) (inhibit-message t) w
  (let ((lexical-binding t)) (let* ((fn-3474 #'tramp--test-enabled) (a
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-copy-size-limit ang
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test10-write-region-file-precio
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test10-write-region-file-precious-flag condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg7094 arg7095 arg7096 &optional arg7097 arg7098 arg7099 arg7100)
       (let
           ((f ...))
         (funcall f arg7094 arg7095 arg7096 arg7097 arg7098 arg7099 arg7100)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory" "/ssh:laptop.lan:/tmp/")
   FAILED  20/74  tramp-test10-write-region-file-precious-flag (1.101321 sec)

Test tramp-test29-start-file-process-direct-async backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg7145 arg7146 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg7145 arg7146 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp-trampoline-compile(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  fset(internal-default-process-sentinel #<subr internal-default-proce
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'internal-default-process-sentinel #'i
  (let* ((old (symbol-function #'internal-default-process-sentinel)) (
  (let ((default-directory tramp-test-temporary-file-directory) (ert-t
  (let ((lexical-binding t)) (let* ((fn-5545 #'tramp--test-enabled) (a
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-copy-size-limit ang
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test29-start-file-process-direc
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test29-start-file-process-direct-async condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg7145 arg7146 &optional)
       (let
           ((f ...))
         (funcall f arg7145 arg7146)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory" "/ssh:laptop.lan:/tmp")
   FAILED  43/74  tramp-test29-start-file-process-direct-async (0.004039 sec)

Test tramp-test30-make-process-direct-async backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg7181 arg7182 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg7181 arg7182 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp-trampoline-compile(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  fset(internal-default-process-sentinel #<subr internal-default-proce
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'internal-default-process-sentinel #'i
  (let* ((old (symbol-function #'internal-default-process-sentinel)) (
  (let ((default-directory tramp-test-temporary-file-directory) (ert-t
  (let ((lexical-binding t)) (let* ((fn-5672 #'tramp--test-enabled) (a
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-copy-size-limit ang
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test30-make-process-direct-asyn
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test30-make-process-direct-async condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg7181 arg7182 &optional)
       (let
           ((f ...))
         (funcall f arg7181 arg7182)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory" "/ssh:laptop.lan:/tmp")
   FAILED  45/74  tramp-test30-make-process-direct-async (0.004993 sec)

Test tramp-test33-environment-variables-direct-async backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg7218 arg7219 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg7218 arg7219 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp-trampoline-compile(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  fset(internal-default-process-sentinel #<subr internal-default-proce
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'internal-default-process-sentinel #'i
  (let* ((old (symbol-function #'internal-default-process-sentinel)) (
  (let ((default-directory tramp-test-temporary-file-directory) (ert-t
  (let ((lexical-binding t)) (let* ((fn-5965 #'tramp--test-enabled) (a
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-copy-size-limit ang
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test33-environment-variables-di
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test33-environment-variables-direct-async condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg7218 arg7219 &optional)
       (let
           ((f ...))
         (funcall f arg7218 arg7219)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory" "/ssh:laptop.lan:/tmp")
   FAILED  50/74  tramp-test33-environment-variables-direct-async
  (0.023679 sec)

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.25, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-09-27 built on workstation.lan
Repository revision: da4e58458f6659d075143083a9f04be3a42853da
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101001
System Description: Ubuntu 21.04

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-mailutils --with-gnutls
 --with-modules --with-json --without-gpm --with-file-notification=yes
 --with-xwidgets --without-selinux --with-libsystemd --with-jpeg
 --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-rsvg --with-imagemagick
 CC=gcc-10'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_BE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_BE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_BE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  bloom-global-minor-mode: t
  bloom-minor-mode: t
  bloom-magit-pullrequests-mode: t
  bloom-magit-build-mode: t
  magit-wip-after-apply-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  dtrt-indent-global-mode: t
  test-runner-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  selectrum-mode: t
  corfu-global-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  global-ligature-mode: t
  ligature-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  envrc-global-mode: t
  envrc-mode: t
  bepo-global-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/transient/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/jsonrpc/jsonrpc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/xref/xref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/progmodes/xref
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/flymake/flymake hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/project/project hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/progmodes/project
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/dam/.emacs.d/straight/build/eldoc/eldoc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug tramp-cmds re-builder git-timemachine
git-timemachine-autoloads cmake-font-lock embark-consult macros calccomp
calc-bin calc-alg calc-misc calc-menu calc-ext calc-aent calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs goto-addr embark ffap eglot-clangd epa-file
git-rebase dockerfile-mode sh-script executable terraform-mode hcl-mode
pulse all-the-icons-dired conf-mode yaml-mode url-file url-dired
url-cache vterm term disp-table ehelp vterm-module term/xterm xterm cov
elquery rect face-remap misearch multi-isearch helpful trace edebug
info-look help-fns elisp-refs mule-util autoload radix-tree vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-git vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher checkdoc
lisp-mnt form-feed bloomlife bloom-mode eglot array jsonrpc ert ewoc
debug backtrace bloom-sensor gdb-mi bloom-tools bloom-magit
bloom-magit-bitbucket atlassian-bitbucket bloom-magit-build
bloom-project bloom-test-runner bloom-build bloom-cmake bloom-conan
bloom-bbw bloom-target bloom-common bloom-pkg bloomlife-autoloads sonar
sonar-autoloads circleci circleci-autoloads atlassian atlassian-jira
atlassian-common request atlassian-autoloads request-autoloads
magit-async-section magit-async-section-autoloads
terraform-mode-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads cargo-autoloads racer
smartparens-rust rust-utils rust-mode rust-rustfmt rust-playpen
rust-compile rust-cargo racer-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads rubocop rubocop-autoloads robe etags fileloop
generator inf-ruby robe-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads rbenv
rbenv-autoloads ruby-mode smie smartparens-python python tramp-sh
smartparens-scala scala-mode scala-mode-prettify-symbols
scala-mode-imenu scala-mode-map scala-mode-fontlock scala-mode-indent
scala-mode-paragraph scala-mode-syntax scala-mode-lib
scala-mode-autoloads java-imports pcache eieio-base
java-imports-autoloads pcache-autoloads form-feed-autoloads elisp-format
flymake-proc flymake flyspell elisp-format-autoloads test-runner-ert
elfmt elfmt-autoloads cask-mode cask-mode-autoloads docker docker-volume
docker-network docker-machine docker-image docker-container docker-faces
docker-compose docker-utils json-mode json-reformat json-snatcher
smartparens-javascript js docker-core docker-autoloads
json-mode-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads json-reformat-autoloads
docker-tramp-autoloads docker-tramp tramp-cache
dockerfile-mode-autoloads djinni-mode djinni-mode-autoloads
cov-autoloads elquery-autoloads gud-lldb cmake-api cmake-api-autoloads
test-runner-catch2 test-runner-catch2-autoloads eglot-clangd-autoloads
eldoc-cmake eldoc-cmake-autoloads cmake-font-lock-autoloads cmake-mode
smartparens-rst rst cmake-mode-autoloads android android-autoloads pbuf
pbuf-autoloads gud xref forge-list forge-commands forge-semi
forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab
forge-github forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue
forge-topic yaml bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core
forge-db forge-autoloads yaml-autoloads closql emacsql-sqlite emacsql
emacsql-compiler closql-autoloads emacsql-sqlite-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub url-http url-gw nsm
url-auth ghub-autoloads treepy-autoloads magit-extras magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff-mode git-commit log-edit message rmc rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor server magit-mode transient comp comp-cstr warnings
magit-git magit-section magit-utils magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
transient-autoloads eglot-autoloads project-autoloads xref-autoloads
flymake-autoloads eldoc-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads dtrt-indent
dtrt-indent-autoloads diff ispell reformatter reformatter-autoloads
test-runner project test-runner-autoloads vterm-autoloads ag vc-svn
find-dired ag-autoloads dired-collapse dired-collapse-autoloads
dired-rainbow dired-rainbow-autoloads dired-narrow delsel
dired-narrow-autoloads dired-ranger-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-filter f s dired-hacks-utils dired-x dired-filter-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dired-aux yaml-mode-autoloads plantuml-mode
plantuml-mode-autoloads pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools package pdf-view
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs pdf-tools-autoloads
let-alist-autoloads tablist-autoloads xwwp eww xdg url-queue shr kinsoku
svg dom mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
xwwp-autoloads xwidget url-handlers image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap osx-browse-autoloads
browse-url-dwim-autoloads string-utils-autoloads list-utils-autoloads cl
smartparens-markdown markdown-mode url-parse url-vars noutline outline
markdown-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads
yasnippet yasnippet-autoloads wgrep grep compile wgrep-autoloads
cap-words superword subword string-inflection
string-inflection-autoloads smartparens-config smartparens-text
smartparens-c smartparens-ruby smartparens dash smartparens-autoloads
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs paren mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat mmm-mode-autoloads iedit iedit-lib
iedit-autoloads autorevert filenotify marginalia marginalia-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads embark-autoloads consult-selectrum selectrum
minibuf-eldef crm selectrum-autoloads orderless orderless-autoloads
corfu corfu-autoloads ns-auto-titlebar-autoloads
all-the-icons-dired-autoloads all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons all-the-icons-autoloads rx ligature
ligature-autoloads solarized-dark-high-contrast-theme solarized-palettes
solarized-theme solarized solarized-faces color
solarized-theme-autoloads use-theme use-theme-autoloads smtpmail
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete comint ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp auth-source
eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache envrc inheritenv
ansi-color envrc-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util bepo
which-key advice which-key-autoloads time savehist edmacro
helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads exec-path-from-shell exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
so-long diminish diminish-autoloads consult-dash pcase consult recentf
tree-widget kmacro bookmark text-property-search consult-dash-autoloads
consult-autoloads dash-docs use-package-dash-docs gnutls puny thingatpt
format-spec xml json map dash-docs-autoloads async async-autoloads
no-littering no-littering-autoloads finder-inf
use-package-ensure-system-package system-packages
use-package-ensure-system-package-autoloads system-packages-autoloads
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
straight-autoloads info cl-seq cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt straight
subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2028051 315008)
 (symbols 48 56533 3)
 (strings 32 257594 26831)
 (string-bytes 1 11512175)
 (vectors 16 118667)
 (vector-slots 8 2932756 369964)
 (floats 8 973 1618)
 (intervals 56 212369 11783)
 (buffers 992 164))