Subject: Re: bug#50931: 28.0.50; Tramp test suites fails when remote is MacOS

From: Damien Merenne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 08:51:16 +0000

It's still has problems on latest master:

make: Entering directory '/home/dam/.local/Cellar/emacs/test'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/dam/.local/Cellar/emacs/test'
  GEN      lisp/net/tramp-tests.log
Running 87 tests (2022-10-05 10:27:54+0200, selector `(not (tag
:unstable))')
Remote directory: `/ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/'
   passed   1/87  tramp-test00-availability (0.707204 sec)
   passed   2/87  tramp-test01-file-name-syntax (0.000452 sec)
   passed   3/87  tramp-test01-file-name-syntax-separate (0.000498 sec)
   passed   4/87  tramp-test01-file-name-syntax-simplified (0.000377 sec)
   passed   5/87  tramp-test02-file-name-dissect (0.017509 sec)
   passed   6/87  tramp-test02-file-name-dissect-separate (0.023093 sec)
   passed   7/87  tramp-test02-file-name-dissect-simplified (0.010800 sec)
   passed   8/87  tramp-test03-file-name-defaults (0.021755 sec)
   passed   9/87  tramp-test03-file-name-host-rules (0.665724 sec)
   passed  10/87  tramp-test03-file-name-method-rules (0.685498 sec)
   passed  11/87  tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name (0.076341 sec)
   passed  12/87  tramp-test05-expand-file-name (0.001068 sec)
   passed  13/87  tramp-test05-expand-file-name-relative (0.694573 sec)
   passed  14/87  tramp-test05-expand-file-name-top (0.724453 sec)
   passed  15/87  tramp-test06-directory-file-name (0.689213 sec)
   passed  16/87  tramp-test07-abbreviate-file-name (1.461863 sec)
   passed  17/87  tramp-test07-file-exists-p (1.333370 sec)
   passed  18/87  tramp-test08-file-local-copy (1.291320 sec)
   passed  19/87  tramp-test09-insert-file-contents (1.617379 sec)
Wrote /ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/tramp-testB9HVae
Wrote /ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/tramp-testB9HVae
Wrote /ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/tramp-testB9HVae
Wrote /ssh:laptop.lan:/:/Users/dam/tmp/tramp-testCxpxEF
Wrote /ssh:laptop.lan:/:/Users/dam/tmp/tramp-testCxpxEF
Wrote /ssh:laptop.lan:/:/Users/dam/tmp/tramp-testCxpxEF
   passed  20/87  tramp-test10-write-region (5.622333 sec)
Test tramp-test10-write-region-file-precious-flag backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg7788 arg7789 arg7790 &optional arg7
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg7788 arg7789 arg7790 &optional arg7
  comp-trampoline-compile(write-region)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(write-region)
  advice--add-function(:before (#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x3
  advice-add(write-region :before (closure ((written-files) (tmp-name
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (find-file-noselect tmp-name)) (ins
  (unwind-protect (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (find-file-noselect
  (let* ((tmp-name (tramp--test-make-temp-name)) (inhibit-message t) w
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cle
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test10-write-region-file-precio
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test10-write-region-file-precious-flag condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg7788 arg7789 arg7790 &optional arg7791 arg7792 arg7793 arg7794)
       (let
  ((f ...))
(funcall f arg7788 arg7789 arg7790 arg7791 arg7792 arg7793 arg7794)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory"
"/ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/")
   FAILED  21/87  tramp-test10-write-region-file-precious-flag (1.137125
sec) at lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:2540
  skipped  22/87  tramp-test10-write-region-other-file-name-handler
(0.020609 sec)
   passed  23/87  tramp-test11-copy-file (6.464215 sec)
   passed  24/87  tramp-test12-rename-file (6.611777 sec)
   passed  25/87  tramp-test13-make-directory (0.870683 sec)
   passed  26/87  tramp-test14-delete-directory (2.444624 sec)
   passed  27/87  tramp-test15-copy-directory (4.705709 sec)
   passed  28/87  tramp-test16-directory-files (1.313160 sec)
   passed  29/87  tramp-test16-file-expand-wildcards (1.519763 sec)
   passed  30/87  tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards (2.078283 sec)
   passed  31/87  tramp-test17-insert-directory (1.438205 sec)
   passed  32/87  tramp-test17-insert-directory-one-file (1.460430 sec)
   passed  33/87  tramp-test18-file-attributes (2.331499 sec)
   passed  34/87  tramp-test18-file-attributes-with-ls (2.361429 sec)
   passed  35/87  tramp-test18-file-attributes-with-perl (3.055191 sec)
  skipped  36/87  tramp-test18-file-attributes-with-stat (0.644004 sec)
   passed  37/87  tramp-test19-directory-files-and-attributes (1.698639 sec)
   passed  38/87  tramp-test19-directory-files-and-attributes-with-ls
(1.986892 sec)
   passed  39/87  tramp-test19-directory-files-and-attributes-with-perl
(2.201707 sec)
  skipped  40/87  tramp-test19-directory-files-and-attributes-with-stat
(0.636475 sec)
   passed  41/87  tramp-test20-file-modes (1.293106 sec)
   passed  42/87  tramp-test21-file-links (4.909575 sec)
   passed  43/87  tramp-test22-file-times (1.445984 sec)
   passed  44/87  tramp-test23-visited-file-modtime (1.159303 sec)
  skipped  45/87  tramp-test24-file-acl (0.668609 sec)
  skipped  46/87  tramp-test25-file-selinux (0.701939 sec)
   passed  47/87  tramp-test26-file-name-completion (3.102668 sec)
   passed  48/87  tramp-test27-load (1.170600 sec)
   passed  49/87  tramp-test28-process-file (3.160963 sec)
   passed  50/87  tramp-test29-start-file-process (7.400249 sec)
Test tramp-test29-start-file-process-direct-async backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg7835 arg7836 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg7835 arg7836 &optional) (let ((f #'
  comp-trampoline-compile(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  fset(internal-default-process-sentinel #<subr internal-default-proce
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'internal-default-process-sentinel #'i
  (let* ((old (symbol-function #'internal-default-process-sentinel)) (
  (let ((default-directory ert-remote-temporary-file-directory) (ert-t
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cle
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test29-start-file-process-direc
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test29-start-file-process-direct-async condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg7835 arg7836 &optional)
       (let
  ((f ...))
(funcall f arg7835 arg7836)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory"
"/ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/")
   FAILED  51/87  tramp-test29-start-file-process-direct-async (0.033373
sec) at lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:1
   passed  52/87  tramp-test30-make-process (10.349024 sec)
Test tramp-test30-make-process-direct-async backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg15635 arg15636 &optional) (let ((f
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg15635 arg15636 &optional) (let ((f
  comp-trampoline-compile(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  fset(internal-default-process-sentinel #<subr internal-default-proce
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'internal-default-process-sentinel #'i
  (let* ((old (symbol-function #'internal-default-process-sentinel)) (
  (let ((default-directory ert-remote-temporary-file-directory) (ert-t
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cle
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test30-make-process-direct-asyn
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test30-make-process-direct-async condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg15635 arg15636 &optional)
       (let
  ((f ...))
(funcall f arg15635 arg15636)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory"
"/ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/")
   FAILED  53/87  tramp-test30-make-process-direct-async (0.027555 sec) at
lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:1
  skipped  54/87  tramp-test31-list-system-processes (1.495650 sec)
  skipped  55/87  tramp-test31-process-attributes (0.909007 sec)
   passed  56/87  tramp-test32-shell-command (5.068185 sec)
   passed  57/87  tramp-test33-environment-variables (5.449407 sec)
  skipped  58/87  tramp-test33-environment-variables-and-port-numbers
(0.023772 sec)
Test tramp-test33-environment-variables-direct-async backtrace:
  signal(file-missing ((lambda (arg23436 arg23437 &optional) (let ((f
  comp--native-compile((lambda (arg23436 arg23437 &optional) (let ((f
  comp-trampoline-compile(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  comp-subr-trampoline-install(internal-default-process-sentinel)
  fset(internal-default-process-sentinel #<subr internal-default-proce
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'internal-default-process-sentinel #'i
  (let* ((old (symbol-function #'internal-default-process-sentinel)) (
  (let ((default-directory ert-remote-temporary-file-directory) (ert-t
  (closure (tramp-inline-compress-start-size tramp-fuse-unmount-on-cle
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test33-environment-variables-di
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test33-environment-variables-direct-async condition:
    (file-missing
     (lambda
       (arg23436 arg23437 &optional)
       (let
  ((f ...))
(funcall f arg23436 arg23437)))
     "Setting current directory" "No such file or directory"
"/ssh:laptop.lan:/Users/dam/tmp/")
   FAILED  59/87  tramp-test33-environment-variables-direct-async (0.701548
sec) at lisp/net/tramp-tests.el:1
   passed  60/87  tramp-test34-connection-local-variables (2.622828 sec)
   passed  61/87  tramp-test34-explicit-shell-file-name (1.170245 sec)
   passed  62/87  tramp-test35-exec-path (0.946185 sec)
   passed  63/87  tramp-test35-remote-path (5.282200 sec)
(Git)
   passed  64/87  tramp-test36-vc-registered (2.026305 sec)
   passed  65/87  tramp-test37-make-auto-save-file-name (1.976183 sec)
   passed  66/87  tramp-test38-find-backup-file-name (2.753584 sec)
   passed  67/87  tramp-test39-detect-external-change (7.772713 sec)
   passed  68/87  tramp-test39-make-lock-file-name (13.143372 sec)
   passed  69/87  tramp-test40-make-nearby-temp-file (1.632148 sec)
   passed  70/87  tramp-test41-special-characters (39.672237 sec)
   passed  71/87  tramp-test41-special-characters-with-ls (32.103435 sec)
   passed  72/87  tramp-test41-special-characters-with-perl (43.597635 sec)
  skipped  73/87  tramp-test41-special-characters-with-stat (0.648766 sec)
   passed  74/87  tramp-test42-utf8 (189.308560 sec)

Then it stops there, not sure what it is doing, but it's in that state for
at least 1h. Maybe some test is really long ?

-- 
Damien MERENNE   <[email-masked]>

Le mar. 4 oct. 2022 à 11:58, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Damien Merenne <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> >> I'm quite busy rn and not working with MacOS these days, but I'll
> >> try to give it a quick
> >> shot this week or next.
> >>
> >> Br,
>
> This was a month ago -- did you make any progress here?
>