Subject: bug#50907: 28.0.50; mpc: Can't add album to playlist

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 08:33:11 -0400

> I can't add any album to the playlist in MPC.
>
>     0. emacs -Q
>     1. M-x mpc RET
>     2. move point to "Albums | Playlists" window
>     3. Pick any album, press RET

> The result is that the playlist clears in Emacs and the songs get added
> into the buffer.

I don't think so: *MPC-Songs* doesn't always show the playlist.
What RET does is that it selects the songs and shows you in *MPC-Songs*
the songs that were selected.  You can then add them to the playlist
with `mpc-playlist-add` if you want.

> However, if I try playing any song in the "*MPC-Songs*" buffer, I get
> "This song is not in the playlist".  The songs are also not added to
> the MPD playlist.

That's right.  If you want to see the playlist, try `mpc-playlist`.

One of the main ideas behind mpc.el is that you can play albums without
thinking about a playlist, just browse your music collection and hit
play when you've found the album/artist/playlist/... that you want to
listen to.

        Stefan