Subject: Re: bug#50902: 28.0.50; emacs-module-tests time out

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 19:41:51 +0100

Philipp <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Philipp,

>>> How about updating the Emba machine first and checking whether the
>>> problem still appears? According to /etc/lsb-release the machine runs
>>> Trisquel 8, which is outdated according to
>>> https://trisquel.info/en/trisquel-80-lts-flidas. I'd say we should
>>> first try updating to Trisquel 9.
>>
>> The tests run in a docker container, which is derived as
>>
>> FROM debian:stretch as emacs-base
>>
>> (see test/infra/Dockerfile.emba). I don't know docker good enough to
>> know which kernel is used, the one from the host, or the on from the
>> container image.
>
> According to https://superuser.com/a/889474 it's always the host kernel.

Yes.

However, I'm still skeptic whether we should upgrade emba because of
emacs-module-tests. Instead, I have tagged module--test-assertions--* as
:unstable on emba, and I have reenabled emacs-module-tests there. Let's
see how it goes. If the tests run through, I will close this bug report.

Best regards, Michael.