Subject: Re: bug#50902: 28.0.50; emacs-module-tests time out

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 19:07:25 +0100

Am Fr., 12. Nov. 2021 um 16:08 Uhr schrieb Michael Albinus
<[email-masked]>:
>
> Philipp <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Philipp,
>
> >>> That looks even weirder. Does the "kernel BUG" line indicate an actual
> >>> Linux kernel bug? That could at least explain the weird behavior that
> >>> we see in userspace.
> >>
> >> The docker containers are still available on emba. Pls send me your
> >> public ssh key, I'll give you access to emba.gnu.org then + instructions
> >> how to enter the docker container and run your own tests.
> >
> > I've played around with the docker containers a bit, but couldn't find
> > anything interesting.  Given the error message, I'm 99% sure it's a
> > kernel bug (which gets triggered when raise(SIGABRT) is called), so
> > maybe it would be best to report this to the Linux kernel folks?
> > BTW, a more minimal command to reproduce it is # /checkout/src/emacs
> > -batch -Q -module-assertions -eval "(progn (setq
> > attempt-orderly-shutdown-on-fatal-signal nil) (require 'mod-test
> > \"/checkout/test/src/emacs-module-resources/mod-test\")
> > (mod-test-invalid-finalizer) (garbage-collect))"
>
> Thanks you for the analysis. Well, I don't know too much about dynamic
> modules, so I'd let it to you whether to report a kernel bug.
>
> Could you add a comment to the respective tests in
> emacs-module-tests.el, and skip them if they run on emba?

How about updating the Emba machine first and checking whether the
problem still appears? According to /etc/lsb-release the machine runs
Trisquel 8, which is outdated according to
https://trisquel.info/en/trisquel-80-lts-flidas. I'd say we should
first try updating to Trisquel 9.