Subject: Re: bug#50902: 28.0.50; emacs-module-tests time out

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 16:08:46 +0100

Philipp <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Philipp,

>>> That looks even weirder. Does the "kernel BUG" line indicate an actual
>>> Linux kernel bug? That could at least explain the weird behavior that
>>> we see in userspace.
>>
>> The docker containers are still available on emba. Pls send me your
>> public ssh key, I'll give you access to emba.gnu.org then + instructions
>> how to enter the docker container and run your own tests.
>
> I've played around with the docker containers a bit, but couldn't find
> anything interesting.  Given the error message, I'm 99% sure it's a
> kernel bug (which gets triggered when raise(SIGABRT) is called), so
> maybe it would be best to report this to the Linux kernel folks?
> BTW, a more minimal command to reproduce it is # /checkout/src/emacs
> -batch -Q -module-assertions -eval "(progn (setq
> attempt-orderly-shutdown-on-fatal-signal nil) (require 'mod-test
> \"/checkout/test/src/emacs-module-resources/mod-test\")
> (mod-test-invalid-finalizer) (garbage-collect))"

Thanks you for the analysis. Well, I don't know too much about dynamic
modules, so I'd let it to you whether to report a kernel bug.

Could you add a comment to the respective tests in
emacs-module-tests.el, and skip them if they run on emba?

Best regards, Michael.