Subject: 27.2; Can't connect to elpa.gnu.org

From: Stephan Hradek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:35:57 +0000

Trying to do a package-refresh-contents my emacs times out reporting

error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents (error connection-failed "connect" :host "elpa.gnu.org" :service 443) [2 times]

Trying with M-x eww to load that url fails

Other URLs like gnu.org or ix.de work

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
of 2021-03-27 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Recent messages:
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443
You can run the command ‘eww’ with G
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443
Quit
Contacting host: gnu.org:80
You can run the command ‘eww’ with G
Contacting host: gnu.org:80
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail jka-compr cl-extra help-mode
eww mm-url gnus nnheader wid-edit thingatpt url-queue shr svg xml dom
misearch multi-isearch finder-inf mm-archive message dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls
network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg-config package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 253114 19831)
(symbols 48 10989 2)
(strings 32 51481 3668)
(string-bytes 1 8102482)
(vectors 16 19804)
(vector-slots 8 257273 28352)
(floats 8 61 354)
(intervals 56 15646 446)
(buffers 1000 17))

Stephan Hradek
----------------------------------------------------
System Engineer
Certified Senders Alliance
eco - Verband der Internetwirtschaft e.V.
Lichtstr. 43h
50825 Köln
 
eco – Verband der Internetwirtschaft e.V. 
Hauptgeschäftsführer: Harald A. Summa 
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Rabe
Vorstand: Oliver Süme (Vorsitzender), Klaus Landefeld (stv. Vorsitzender), Felix Höger, Prof. Dr. Norbert Pohlmann 
Vereinsregister: Amtsgericht Köln, VR 14478 
Sitz des Vereins: Köln