Subject: [bug#50878] (No Subject)

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 18:04:00 +0200

Ho Attila,

sorry for the long wait.

Am Sonntag, dem 03.10.2021 um 12:59 +0000 schrieb Attila Lendvai:
> sorry for being slow with understanding the suggested solution. i
> have automatically dismissed everything with leaky abstractions, and
> that made me blind to it.
> 
> i didn't realize that i could either introduce constants for the hash
> length, and the store path, or straight out export a special
> comparator function to be used.
> 
> either way, i have organized the patches so that the first 3 are
> useful, and the 4th one is more of a demo/inspiration for prosperity.
> 
> apply 1-3 as you see fit, and ignore or finish the 4th.
I've applied 1-3 with some changes to core-updates (particularly
reducing the number of indirections in the third patch).  I verified
that gcc-toolchain builds and the collision is still resolved as-is. 
If you still wish to stable-sort things, go ahead.

Cheers