Subject: Re: bug#50873: [PATCH 0/5] Fixes to ‘guix homeimport’

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 17:10:11 +0200

Hi,

Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu, Sep 30 2021, Andrew Tropin wrote:

[...]

>> It still uses slurp-file-gexp, which is not upstreamed, but overall
>> looks ok.
>
> Oh, I thought it was already upstreamed, my bad.
>
>> I'll make a rationale behind this function and the approach I picked in
>> home services config serializers and will prepare some examples next
>> week.  Maybe it will convince Ludovic or maybe I'll change my mind and
>> rework configuration records for home services to use file-like
>> objects.
>
> OK, then we should probably wait for this ‘slurp-file-gexp’ discussion
> to reach an consensus, then I can send a v2 for this series.  :-)

Yes, but I don’t expect to change my mind on this one.  :-)

I’ve explained my views before, and really, it’s no different than the
situation of Guix System services so I see no reason to do things
differently.

Apart from this bit, the documentation part LGTM.

Thank you, Xinglu!

Ludo’.