Subject: bug#50862: closed (Re: [bug#50862] [PATCHESv4] KDE updates)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50862: [PATCHES] KDE updates.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50862: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50862
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#50862] [PATCHESv4] KDE updates
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: phodina <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 17:36:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skriver:

> I'll update this thread once the remaining patches have been reviewed
> and pushed.

... and it's in!  Commits c4ce54055a75c951f..a38889b14d74e31c.

All patches up to and including 'kwayland-server' have been pushed.

I made the following changes:

* switched to git-fetch for kmplayer, and added a comment about why
  using a snapshot.
* Added a comment about kwayland-server licenses (and removed those
  which seemingly did not apply)

Why git-fetch?  Because the autogenerated tarballs from git hosting
sites are "unstable", they tend to get regenerated with different
timestamps or similar eventually.

For the remaining packages, please add a comments about failing tests,
and for packages that carry multiple licenses, leave a comment about
which licenses apply to which files (if feasible; something like "the
source includes many third-party files with various licenses" is also
OK).

By multiple licenses, I mean those that have more than the KDE default
'LGPL2.1 only OR LGPL3.0 only'.

Thanks again for this gargantuan work, really looking forward to see the
KDE desktop in Guix.  :-)

Closing this issue, please open a new one for the final touch!

-- 
Marius

Subject: [PATCHES] KDE updates.
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 07:24:42 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've updated all packages in kde-*.scm files (may have missed something),
plus some KDE games in games.scm. I was hesitant about sending 235 patches
so I just attached them as a zip, and pushed the branch to my notabug 
(subject to rebasing):

https://notabug.org/Brendan/guix/src/wip-kde-updates-21.08

I used refresh -l to find all dependent packages and basically
everything build apart from some packages like openstack that are
already broken.

Since there are a lot of patches, it's probably I forgot something
important or left something incomplete.

In the grantleetheme package, there was a large C++ I deleted. I'm not
really sure if any patching is still need since it looks complicated

Other packages with changes to patches include
kdbusaddons, kpackage, kplasma-framework, grantleetheme, kmail.

* Reproducibility bugs
- The packages kparts, ktexteditor, plasma-framework, krunner, kio produce
.bz2 files in /share/kdevappwizard/templates/ that include timestamps on
the directories. Any ideas how to fix that?

- kdevelop looks even nastier, containing entire mime/application .xml
files in one build that weren't present in the previous.
- kdelibs4support produces .so's with symbols in varying order.
- sonnet: .so differences (already present in current guix version)

Package list:

akonadi akonadi-calendar akonadi-contacts akonadi-mime akonadi-notes akonadi-search akregator ark attica audiocd-kio baloo baloo-widgets bluez-qt bomber bovo breeze breeze-icons dolphin dolphin-plugins dragon elisa extra-cmake-modules ffmpegthumbs granatier grantleetheme juk k3b kactivities kactivities-stats kaddressbook kajongg kalarmcal kamoso kapidox kapman karchive kate kauth kblackbox kblocks kbookmarks kbounce kbreakout kcachegrind kcalendarcore kcalendarsupport kcalutils kcmutils kcodecs kcompletion kconfig kconfigwidgets kcontacts kcoreaddons kcrash kdav kdbusaddons kdeclarative kdeconnect kdecoration kded kde-frameworkintegration kdegraphics-mobipocket kdelibs4support kdepim-runtime kdesignerplugin kdesu kdevelop kdewebkit kdf kdiagram kdiamond kdnssd kdoctools kemoticons keventviews kfilemetadata kfourinline kget kglobalaccel kgoldrunner kgpg kguiaddons khelpcenter kholidays khtml ki18n kiconthemes kidentitymanagement kidletime kigo killbots kimageformats kimap kincidenceed
 itor kinit kio kirigami kiriki kitemmodels kitemviews kjobwidgets kjs kjsembed kjumpingcube kldap kleopatra klines kmag kmahjongg kmail kmailcommon kmailimporter kmailtransport kmbox kmediaplayer kmessagelib kmime kmines kmix kmousetool kmouth knavalbattle knetwalk knewstuff knotes knotifications knotifyconfig kolf kollision konquest konsole kontactinterface konversation kopete korganizer kpackage kparts kpeople kpimcommon kpimtextedit kplotting kpmcore kpty kqtquickcharts krdc kreversi krfb krita kross krunner kscreenlocker kservice kshisen ksirk ksmtp ksnakeduel kspaceduel ksquares ksshaskpass ksudoku ksyntaxhighlighting ksystemlog ktexteditor ktextwidgets ktnef ktorrent ktouch ktuberling kubrick kunitconversion kwallet kwave kwayland kwidgetsaddons kwindowsystem kxmlgui kxmlrpcclient libgravatar libkcddb libkcompactdisc libkdegames libkdepim libkexiv2 libkgapi libkleo libkmahjongg libkomparediff2 libkscreen libksieve libksysguard libktorrent lskat modemmanager-qt networkmanager-q
 t okteta okular oxygen-icons palapeli picmi plasma-framework poxml prison pulseaudio-qt purpose qca qqc2-desktop-style smb4k solid sonnet sweeper syndication threadweaver yakuake zeroconf-ioslave