Subject: Re: bug#50859: [core-updates-frozen] gnu: tzdata: Update to 2021b.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 15:52:38 -0400

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:06:35AM -0400, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> Thanks, I've been building the cufbc branch manually for now (the CI
>> seems to have some problem with the branch, but the logs won't say
>> what).
>> 
>> I'm hoping we won't have to go through another world rebuild at this
>> point.  I'm trying to test the branch some more then I'd like to merge
>> it into cuf.
>
> If CI hasn't evaluated the branch yet, then updating tzdata (yet again,
> to 2021e) shouldn't require extra rebuilding when the time comes to
> actually build the branch with Cuirass. The same number of packages will
> need to be built whether we use the current tzdata release or an older
> release. Or do I misunderstand your objection?

Sorry I wasn't clear; what I meant by 'manually' is by ssh'ing to berlin
and having it built there; so it's already cached as we speak with items
such as rust, ungoogled-chromium and other biggies already built, at
least for the x86_64 arch.

Thanks,

Maxim