Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Make the PyPI importer honor the ‘upstream-name’ package property

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 22:09:21 +0200

If a PyPI package contains a “-” followed by one or more digits, e.g.,
“AV-98”, the PyPI importer/updater will think that the digits after the
“-” is the version of the package, and instead of trying to update
“AV-98” it will try to update “AV”.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh av-98
following redirection to `https://pypi.org/pypi/av/json'...
/home/yoctocell/src/guix/gnu/packages/web-browsers.scm:914:13: av-98 would be upgraded from 1.0.1 to 8.0.3
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The first patch makes the PyPI importer honor the ‘upstream-name’
property; it will also generate a package with an ‘upstream-name’
property if the package name contains a “-” followed by one or more
digits.

The second patch sets the ‘upstream-name’ property for the ‘av-98’
package.

Xinglu Chen (2):
  import: pypi: Honor the 'upstream-name' package property.
  gnu: av-98: Set 'upstream-name' property.

 gnu/packages/web-browsers.scm |   2 +
 guix/import/pypi.scm          |  20 +++++--
 tests/pypi.scm                | 106 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 3 files changed, 115 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6ae4644984608b7eff7ab54d3a5787c661d85b2e
-- 
2.33.0