Subject: Re: bug#50851: 28.0.50; flyspell-mode overrides context-menu-mode

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 11:23:51 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>> When clicking on a misspelled word while context-menu-mode is active,
>>>> I'd expect the context menu to appear, but it seems like flyspell
>>>> prevents this.
>>>
>>> It was a bug caused by recent changes that is fixed now.
>>
>> What should have fixed this? I just rebuilt the master branch and it
>> still seems to open the wrong menu.
>
> Isn't the flyspell menu the correct context menu to open here?

Not necessarily, a word might appear to be a typo (but is actually just
not in the dictionary) but I would still like to search the buffer using
occur to see where else it appears.  If context-menu-mode is enabled, I
think it would be right for the same context menu to appear consistently
(which is still not the case), and have spell-checking be a submenu
instead of taking over.