Subject: bug#50851: 28.0.50; flyspell-mode overrides context-menu-mode

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 19:57:15 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> When clicking on a misspelled word while context-menu-mode is active,
>> I'd expect the context menu to appear, but it seems like flyspell
>> prevents this.
>
> It was a bug caused by recent changes that is fixed now.

What should have fixed this? I just rebuilt the master branch and it
still seems to open the wrong menu.

>> Asides from preventing this inconsistency, it seems like it would be
>> better to integrate flyspell into context-menu, to suggest corrections.
>
> Adapting flyspell.el to context-menu is a welcome change that requires
> refactoring `flyspell-correct-word' and related functions to return
> a keymap menu where every menu item is bound to a lambda that calls
> `flyspell-do-correct' with an argument that is a correct word.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic