Subject: bug#50849: 28.0.50; Proposal for Emacs daemon to signal when being busy

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 11:35:19 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2022 05:29:17 -0400, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> said:

    Stefan> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> So this simplifies the code considerably, and in fact removes the
    >> whole retry thing completely.

    Stefan> We could do that, yes.  It looks good to me.

    Stefan> I had a different idea in mind though, which lets us keep the diagnostic
    Stefan> message, but only if given a --verbose flag.  We could extend --verbose
    Stefan> to include more diagnostic output in the future.  Please see the
    Stefan> attached patch.

Adding a --verbose flag is fine. Changing the recv behaviour because
the user asked for more debug is a no-no.

    Stefan> I'm happy with either your patch or mine, depending on what people
    Stefan> prefer.

I wonʼt insist on mine, but I really donʼt think yours should go in
as-is.

Robert
--